Seaside: Oatmeal Coconut CookieINGREDIENTS (makes 2 dozen)
1/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp fine sea salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground allspice
1/4 tsp ground clove
2 sticks, unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed tight, light brown sugar
2 large eggs, room temperature
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats not quick cooking
1/2 cup golden raisins
1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
1/4 cup turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven 350 °F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Sift all dry ingredients.
- Cream butter & sugar on medium speed for 5 minutes.
- Add egg & vanilla and beat for 2 minutes.
- Mix in the oats until combined. Add dry ingredients in thirds until combined, beating no more than two minutes.
- Add raisins, toasted coconut & mix.
- Using a large ice cream scoop to form cookies onto prepared sheet pans keeping 1 inch between each cookie.
- Lightly tap each cookie with your hand to. flatten a bit and sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Bake cookies for 10 to 12 minutes rotating pon halfway through.
- Let cool onto wire rack.