Seaside: Pecan Caramel Cluster CookieINGREDIENTS (makes 3 dozen cookies)
1 cup, softened butter
1 cup, packed light brown sugar
1 cup, granulated sugar
2 whole extra large eggs
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
5 drops Lorann Gourmet Butter Rum Extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp fine sea salt
3/4 tsp baking soda
36 (kraft), thick caramels, cut into fourths
3/4 cup pecan pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line two sheet pans with parchment paper and have two wire racks ready.
- Using stand mixer bowl and beater attachment, cream butter and both sugars until light and creamy, about 3 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time, until completely incorporated; add extracts and stop mixing.
- In separate bowl, whisk all dry ingredients.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until combined.
- On stir speed, add caramels and pecans or mix by hand; chill dough for 30 minutes.
- Scoop half ounces of cookie dough each per baking pan.
- Bake 10-12 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes then transfer each onto wire rack to fully cool.