Seaside: Soft-baked Sugar CookieINGREDIENTS (makes 15-16 large cookies)
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg, at room temperature
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter and granulated sugar together on medium-high speed until creamed, about 1 minute. Add the egg and vonilla extract and beat on high speed until combined, about 1 minute. Scrape down the sides and beat again as needed to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix on low until combined. Dough will be thick and sticky. Scoop large sections of dough and roll into balls. Place dough balls onto a lined baking sheet.
- Cover and chill the cookie dough balls in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours (and up to 4 doys).
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Arrange chilled cookie dough balls 3 inches apart on the boking sheets. Bake for 11-12 minutes or until lightly browned on the sides. The centers will look very soft.
- Remove from the oven and allow cookies to cool on the boking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.